Monday 1 October 2012

SO So so Sleepy...

Wowzers..I can't believe how incredibly tiring this whole moving countries while 6 months pregnant thing is..

A little update on the past 2 weeks:

Last week M met a potential buyer for his car at our local Underground station. The guy showed up in a suit and tie, looked around the car, kicked the wheels, checked the engine, etc etc. Apparently, he was satisfied with what he saw because he snatched the keys, jumped in the drivers seat, locked the doors, and drove away. He did not pay for the car. We haven't seen the car since. So there's that....

If you see this car...the dude driving it is a filthy THIEF!


We've also been packing up our flat, which we officially finished this week when I polished up the wood floors and all of our belongings boarded a ship to the US of A.



We moved the stuff we can't live without for the next 6 weeks into my in laws house where we are now camped out until we finally leave on  Tuesday (Oct 2nd).

Add a full schedule of leaving do's and goodbye dinners and wrapping up everything at work and you've got one tired/grumpy mama to be.

The countdown to home is winding down with a measly ONE day to go. I think London is sad we're leaving because it's been miserable and rainy all week. Despite the weather, I've been walking around the city soaking in every little detail with a big sad smile on my face because I'm genuinely going to miss this place.

It took me a long time to get settled here and  get used to city life but now it feels like home. This move is the definition of bittersweet.


Anyway, I should probably be doing one of the million things on my to do list..

H x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS