Friday 26 October 2012

Roadtripping: North Carolina Mountains

ok ok ok. I told myself when I started a blog that I was going to keep up with it. Life has a way of getting in the way so just a couple weeks later here's what's been going on in the Cleverly abode (or the Odum abode as we're still camped out at my parents house)

We set off bright and early a few Fridays ago following my parents and their gigantic camper to the Blue Ridge Mountains of North Carolina. We were hesitant to take the long trip as we only had a couple days to spend before having to jet off to Atlanta for our first midwife appointment but we decided when we moved back stateside that we would make the most of living in one of the most beautiful countries in the world so we sucked it up and made the 7 hour drive. 

Believe it or not, it was my first time to the NC mountains, so I was just as excited as M and we weren't disappointed by the views, just by the lack of time we had. We stayed in a campground with my parents camping crew that consisted of 4 other gigantic campers (I think we can call it glamping when the majority of the accommodation has marble counter tops and fireplaces..) We had walks in the woods and M got to experience his first proper Country stores. We ate fried green tomatoes and pulled pork sandwiches and washed it down with Sweet Tea (not M, he hates the stuff)

I took some photos but strangely, when we visited an old church where our friends were married years ago, a church with a long haunted history, my memory card corrupted and we lost them all. Coincidence? It's much more fun to think it wasn't...

Here's a few I snapped with my iPhone..

Mountain Man



H x

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS