Saturday 15 September 2012

Oh Pinterest, You and Your Sweet Temptations

I'm no Martha Stewart, this isn't news to those who know me, but I do occasionally break out the old apron and make a mess in my kitchen. Most of the time I end up with something edible, sometimes something even palatable, and if I get really lucky something delicious. To be fair, I'm getting better with time and when I was between jobs I actually really enjoyed cooking with more than my microwave. Now, I'm lucky to get home from work before it's dark outside so we generally opt for something quick and easy, but days like today, a lazy Saturday afternoon, I decided to try one of the recipes I saw on Pinterest that had my mouth watering.

I'd like to say I chose one of the gazillion healthy recipes I've pinned, but I'm pregnant, and I'll bake cookies if I want to, OK? You may have pinned the same one, it links to the Ambitious Kitchen blog that I'm super excited I've found as Monique, the lovely lady behind the blog, has posted some really good recipes I can't wait to try. (click here to check it out)




Here's the recipe, for anyone who might have a sweet tooth. This is exactly as seen on Ambitious Kitchen so all credit, of course, goes to Monique.

Ingredients
  • 1⅓ cups all-purpose flour
  • ¾ teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon baking powder
  • ¼ teaspoon sea salt, plus more for sprinkling
  • ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
  • ½ cup unsalted butter
  • ¾ cup peanut butter at room temperature (I used all natural creamy, unsalted)
  • ¾ cup dark brown sugar
  • ½ cup granulated sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tablespoon plain greek yogurt
  • 1½ cups chocolate chips (I used mini chocolate chips
  Instructions
  1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, the baking soda, the baking powder, cinnamon, and the salt. Set aside.
  2. Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. The butter will begin to foam. Make sure you whisk consistently during this process. After a couple of minutes, the butter will begin to brown on the bottom of the saucepan. Continue to whisk and remove from heat as soon as the butter begins to brown and give off a nutty aroma. Immediately transfer the butter to a bowl to prevent burning. Set aside to cool for a few minutes.
  3. With an electric mixer, mix the brown butter and peanut butter together until thoroughly blended. Add the sugars and beat until smooth. Next beat in the egg, vanilla, and yogurt until combined. Add the dry ingredients slowly and beat on low-speed just until combined. Gently stir in the chocolate chips. Chill dough in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
  4. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (about 180 degrees C).
  5. Once ready to bake, scoop tablespoon balls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets or baking sheets lined with parchment paper leaving extra room (1-2 inches) between cookies as they will spread when baked. Use a fork to lightly (very lightly!) indent dough with a criss-cross pattern. Sprinkle cookies generously with sea salt.
  6. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cookies begin to turn golden brown and crisp up around the edges. Do not overbake! Remove from oven and let cool on cookie sheet for 3-5 minutes, then remove and place on cooling rack.
 Enjoy!!

H x

1 comment:

  1. They taste amazing (I should know, I've eaten about 20 of them!).

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS