Wednesday 12 September 2012

Rockaby Baby

 Baby mouth.

One of the biggest things that attracted Mark and I when we first met was our love for music. He introduced me to a world of tunes I may never have discovered on my own and in return I've given him an education in Country music and Hip Hop-good trade off? You decide..

We've been playing some of our favorites for our little bundle of joy so he can have an early start in good music, everything from the Beatles to Kasabian to Classical medleys. I know kids love that mind numbing, repetitive stuff most parents play on repeat for a bit of peace but we're secretly hoping our little guy will inherit our love for an eclectic array of our favorites.

So, we've decided to make playlists for the boy, the first on the list are the Lullaby's. I got out a pen and paper on our last road trip and we started what is sure to be a continuous work in progress.

Here's what will be lulling the little man to sleep (even though rumor has it they don't do that as often as we'd like)

The Beatles: Blackbird
Damien Rice: Aimee
Elbow: Build a Rocket Boys
Laura Marling: Goodbye England
Parachute: She Is Love
Kings of Leon: Use Somebody
Adele: Lovesong, Crazy for You
Ben Howard: His latest album is pretty much a lullaby
Bon Iver: Skinny Love
The Civil Wars: Most of songs on their albums
Coldplay:Amsterdam
Fink: If Only
James Morrison: The Last Goodbye
Oasis: Champagne Supernova 
Frank Sinatra: Fly Me to the Moon
Dave Matthews Band: Typical Situation
Angus & Julia Stone: You're the One That I Want
Bob Marley: Redemption Song
 

It was hard to stop writing the list for the purposes of this blog, 'just one more..'. M and I have turned off our tv and are working our way through our iTunes library, this could take a while...


Any suggestions?

H x

2 comments:

  1. This needs some soul! Aretha, Patsy Cline, Ray Charles, and personally I think Ain't no Mountain High Enough needs to make an appearance:) I love y'all, this baby will have amazing/eclectic taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe we'll put those on the Aunt Amy's coming to visit playlist :)

    ReplyDelete

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS