Friday 22 March 2013

Tsk Tsk Mommy Blogger

So, I've done it again..I've neglected the blog. I remember a conversation I had with my friend Jade, back in London, about stay at home mom's. We couldn't figure out how they never had any time. We decided their day consisted of  feeding the baby every few hours, but other than that it just slept or played quietly on its own with all those toys, right? Oh, how very wrong I was.  So now I jump on all the empowered stay at home mom pedestals I can because it ain't easy.  The only reason I've got time now is because we're on our way to Savannah and this is being typed on M's iPad while I sit in the backseat with Leo, who can't seem to keep his eyes open in a moving car for more than 3.5 seconds.

Sometimes I get into bed at night and really wonder where the day has gone. Feedings, diaper changes, tummy time, play time, pumping, bath time..and when I get a few minutes it's used up with quick clean ups of my neglected house or laundry pile. Luckily, the weather has improved in the last couple weeks so I've been able to put the jogger to good use and get a little fresh air and exercise. My trips to the grocery store are truly a mini vacation that I spend worrying I'll have to abandon a full shopping cart to rush home to my distressed baby (hasn't happened yet). I read a book last week for the first time in months, mainly because we were visiting the grandparents where I have to book in a time slot for a cuddle with Leo.

Unfortunately, we have not yet fallen into that golden category of an all night sleeper, that elite group of parents who post on Facebook about how well rested they are accompanied by a photo of themselves gazing adoringly at their equally well rested bundle of joy. I secretly hate them and envy them in equal parts.

In all seriousness I wouldn't change a thing. Even during a particularly fussy growth spurt we just made it through when I was on the verge of tears at 3:30am (the third time he'd woken up that night) I looked down at him and he smiled at me and everything was ok again. It really is amazing how that works.

I've also recently come to terms with the fact that I'm officially one of those people who go out with a group of adults only to bore everyone else to tears with quirky little anecdotes about my baby. I caught two of my friends rolling their eyes at me as I and another mom commandeered the tables conversation with talk of breast feeding. Sorry guys.

The Cleverly clan has been doing pretty well in these past weeks. I've had a few issues with pumping (cant seem to pump enough) so it's hard to get any help with night feeds (I used to dream about a new Birkin bag, now I dream of a few nights of uninterrupted sleep- funny how that changes). Leo is growing so fast and I cry a little every time I have to put some of his clothes into the 'too small' pile. He had his two month shots, two in each leg, and I thought my heart was going to break into a million little pieces. He was fine after about 3 minutes but I am traumatized for life. He has a smile that could melt Kim Jong Uns heart and he's hinting at a laugh, I think my heart may burst when that happens.

I've started back on Weight Watchers and exercising as much a possible so I'm finally starting to see some changes. I don't know who those people are who swear you lose weight just by breastfeeding but I want to call them a liar right to their lying little faces. I'm going to carry on posting healthy new recipes that we love as well as my progress because it motivates me when my friends do the same. I invite anyone to share theirs as well as I think guest posts help break up the monotony of my humble opinion on the world.

M has joined a soccer/football team where everyone assumed he was good because of his accent, luckily he is. The search for the perfect job is still in progress but he's got a few good leads and is still working for his UK company remotely. It's unbelievably helpful having him at home with me for these first three months, although I think he's ready to get back into an office/construction site and have some big boy conversations and requires him to wear pants that aren't made of some sort of cotton.

Now I am going to use the last hour and a half of our journey to catch up on some sleep. Happy St. Patrick's day!


Here's our life according to my iPhone (I keep promising myself to take more pics with our camera...)

 
 A little collage grandma made of the many faces of Leo.

 Just two cool duded. No big deal.

 I mean, look at those eyes..

 He was a little upset I got in the way of Sponge Bob to take this picture (no I don't let him watch tv all the time...)

 Obviously.

Play mat time is his favorite time..after bath time..and maybe lunch time..

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
SITE DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS